The timeless mystery and beauty of Rajasthan can be experienced through this bike trip. Apart from visiting popular Pushkar, we cycle through the countryside to lesser known jewels to discover the rural India and the colourful people who make it so unique.
We see fascinating forts, palaces and temples of the bygone era and experience India’s rich cultural heritage.
We stay in the charming heritage hotels…some of these were royal residences now converted into hotels. We explore the countryside and interact with its inhabitants who make this land vibrant and colourful.
- Tour Cost on Twin-share: US$ 1550 PER PERSON (US$ 100 PER PERSON DISCOUNT ON MORE THAN 2 BOOKING)
- Tour Type: GUIDED WITH SUPPORT VEHICLE
- Bike Hire: INCLUDED
- Cycling: 7 DAYS (APPROX 400-500 KM)
- Tour Start / End: JAIPUR
- Departure Dates: DAILY: JAN, FEB, MAR, APR, SEP, OCT, NOV, DEC (Supplement applicable between 20th Dec-10th Jan, Pushkar Fair)
- Group Size: 2 TO 8 PEOPLE
- Given Below: THE ITINERARY, INCLUSIONS / EXCLUSIONS, HOTEL DETAILS, TRIP NOTES
PICK UP FROM JAIPUR - SAWARDA - ROOPANGARH - KISHANGARH - PUSHKAR - DROP AT JAIPURRequest Detailed Package
Day 1: Jaipur - Sawarda
Pick up from your location in Jaipur and cycle to Sawarda. Fort Sawarda has a proud history and has witnessed some of the important milestones in the history of the region. Cycling 50-60 KM.
Day 2: Sawarda
Day 3: Sawarda - Roopangarh
Today we cycle to Roopangarh Palace which was built in AD 1648. Originally a nine turreted Fort, it has been built added on by several generations. The town reflects the spirit of a lesser known India. Cycling 50-60 KM
Day 4: Roopangarh - Kishangarh
Day 5: Kishangarh - Pushkar
This morning we cycle to Pushkar. Pushkar is a very important pilgrimage centre for the Hindus. It is a lake-side town with many temples and bathing ghats and throughout the year the devotees can be seen ritual bathing. Cycling 40-50 KM.
Day 6: Pushkar
Day 7: Pushkar - Jaipur - Onward Journey
We will be pleased to make additional pre/post tour arrangements. For example you may opt for an extension tour to Delhi and Agra. Write to us for suggestions/information.
- Accommodation on twin-share basis in the mentioned or similar hotels
- 6 Breakfasts
- Arrival and departure transfers with our representative
- An accompanying support vehicle
- An accompanying cycling guide on cycling days
- Bicycle and Helmet
- Entrance fee to monuments
- Bottled water during cycling
- All currently applicable taxes
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls, drinks, etc
- Any other meals than those mentioned above
- Domestic or International airfare
- Any insurance coverage
- Airport or VISA fee
- Camera charges at monuments
- Any extra expenses incurred for reasons beyond our control such as emergency evacuation, natural calamity, etc
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as INCLUDED
- A SUPPLEMENT, AS CHARGED BY HOTELS, WILL BE APPLICABLE ON TOURS BETWEEN DEC 20 TO JAN 10 AND DURING PUSHKAR FAIR.
- THESE PRICES ARE VALID TILL APRIL 15, 2023
If any of these are unavailable on your dates of travel, we will substitute them with similar quality accommodation.
Sawarda: Sawarda Fort
A small heritage hotel nestled in old world charm, on the outskirts of Jaipur city and close to Sambhar Lake.
Hotel Website: http://www.fortsawarda.com/
Roopangarh: Roopangarh Fort
The 350 years old majestic Fort stands like a sentinel, surveying the passage of time. Explore the Fort with its underground tanks, secret passage, jail and other historic buildings.
Kishangarh: Phool Mahal Palace
Kishangarh Fort with its 17th century moat is its backdrop faces the vast rain fed Gundalao Lake in front. Guest bedrooms are traditional yet contemporary, with exclusive frescoed paintings and have all modern amenities.
Pushkar: Pushkar Resort
The resort has cottages and a swimming pool divided into small clusters around the undulating landscapes. In spite of having a secluded vibe, Pushkar Resorts is still close enough to the hustle-bustle of the Pushkar town as well as Ajmer city.
- CYCLING: Daily cycling ranges between 50 to 60 kilometres. If any group member wishes to cycle less, they may hop on to the support vehicle for a part of the journey.
- TERRAIN: In Rajasthan most of the roads are asphalt, however, in small villages, the roads are either broken or have been cobbled, thus making it difficult to use road bikes. Mostly along rustic rural lanes where there is little or no traffic, you get to experience rural India at its best. There are occassional stretches of busier roads as well, however, we provide 100% support vehicle to give you a lift if you would rather not ride on these sections.
- WEATHER: January to mid-April and October to December is the best time to cycle in Rajasthan. Average temperatures range from max of 25°C and minimum of 7°C. The desert sun is not so intense and the days are cool and pleasant, perfect for cycling. The mornings and evenings are generally cool and mild, however, January and late December can be very cold. There is no humidity and little or no rain can be expected. May, June, July and August are extremely hot and not recommended for cycling. For detailed travel kit recommendations, please refer to our FAQ section.
For booking or other queries, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org