The tiny state of Sikkim is located in the eastern Himalayas. It is spread below the mighty Kanchenjunga (8534 m), the third highest mountain in the world, which is revered by the locals as their protective deity.
Amidst the grandeur of the mountain peaks, lush valleys, fast flowing rivers, hills, Sikkim offers visitors a rare and singular experience. Within a matter of hours one can move from the sub tropical heat of the lower valleys to the cold of the rugged mountain slopes that reach up to the area of perpetual snow. Communities, cultures, religions and customs of different hues intermingle freely here to constitute a homogeneous blend.
Visit the popular destinations of the region - Darjeeling, Gangtok and Kalimpong along with lesser known jewels of Rinchenpong and Pelling. Visit the stunning monasteries, explore the cultural heritage of hill towns, trek through unspoilt remote villages...all the time in the company of the mightly Himalayas.
- Tour Cost on Twin-share: US$ 1675 PER PERSON,
OWN ROOM SURCHARGE: US$ 350
- Tour Type: GUIDED WITH SUPPORT VEHICLE
- Tour Start / End: BAGDOGRA (nearest airport from Sikkim)
- Departure Dates: Daily in JAN, FEB, MAR, APR, SEP, OCT, NOV, DEC (Supplement applicable on tours between Dec 20 and Jan 10)
- Group Size: 2 TO 6 PEOPLE
- Given Below: THE ITINERARY, INCLUSIONS / EXCLUSIONS, HOTEL DETAILS, TRIP NOTES
BAGDOGRA - KALIMPONG (1 NIGHT), RINCHENPONG (2 NIGHT), PELLING (2 NIGHT), GANGTOK (2 NIGHT), DARJEELING (2 NIGHT) - BAGDOGRARequest Detailed Package
Day 1: Bagdogra - Kalimpong
Arrive at Bagdogra airport where you will be met and driven to Kalimpong (3 hours). In the afternoon enjoy a walk to the Kalimpong market place which offers a glimpse of daily life of the local people of the hill... Walking 1 hour.
Day 2: Kalimpong - Rinchenpong
Drive to Rinchenpong (2 hours). At an altitude of 6400ft, Rinchenpong is an un-spoilt Himalayan town. It is fed by over 100 rivers and boasts some of the most exotic flora and fauna in the country and fantastic views of Kanchenjunga. In the afternoon, enjoy a nature walk...Walking 3-4 hours
Day 3: Rinchenpong
Explore this hillside village walking through plantations and lush forests. The walk will give you a glimpse of the local lifestyle, the unique cultivation practices and varied range of crops planted by the farmers... Walking 4-5 hours.
Day 4: Rinchenpong - PellingDrive to Pelling (2-3 hours). Pelling, at an altitude of about 2105 meters/ 6840 feet was originally known as Pemalingpa. After an early lunch, you will be taken for a trek to Khecheopalri Lake and Monastery. ... Walking 3-4 hours.
Day 5: Pelling
Early this morning attend prayers at Pemayangtse Monastery. After breakfast explore on foot the surrounding area - Sanga choeling monastery, Sordong village and the nearby waterfall, "Changey" where you will stop for a picnic lunch. After lunch you will return to your hotel. ...Walking 5-6 hours.
Day 6: Pelling - GangtokDrive to the state capital of Gangtok (5 hours). Gangtok is located on a ridge at the height of 5500 feet. It is scenically located and there are excellent views of the entire Kanchenjunga range.
Day 7: Gangtok
Explore Gangtok - visiting Rumtek monastery (largest monastery around Gangtok), Institute of Tibetology (established to promote language and traditions of Tibet as well as Mahayana Buddhism), and Orchid Sanctuary (houses as many as 454 species of orchids)...Walking 2-3 hours
Day 8: Gangtok - DarjeelingThis morning you will be driven to Darjeeling (4 hrs), a popular hill station since the British established it as a rest and recreation centre for its troops in the mid-1800s. Situated at an altitude of 2100 meter, Darjeeling is surrounded by tea plantations. After lunch, explore the Mall Road. ...Walking 2-3 hours
Day 9: Darjeeling
Today you will be taken to explore Darjeeling in a walking tour. Visit Mahakal Dara, Gymkhana Club, St. Andrew's Church, Chowrasta - Darjeeling's main boulevard, Bhotia Busty Gompa and Tibetan Refugee Self Help Centre. Enjoy lunch at the family run Kunga restaurant which specializes in Tibetan and Chinese food... Walking 5-6 hours
Day 10: Gangtok - Bagdogra - Onward DestinationThis morning you will be collected from your hotel and driven to Bagdogra airport to board your flight to onward destination. If you need pre / post tours to other parts of the country, please write to us and we will be happy to assist.
- Accommodation on twin-share basis in the mentioned hotels or similar
- 9 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- All transport arrangements as per itinerary
- A walk guide as per the itinerary
- All permits and entry fee
- All currently applicable taxes
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls, drinks, etc
- Any other meals than those mentioned above
- Internal or International airfare
- Any insurance coverage
- Airport or VISA fee
- Camera charges at monuments
- Any extra expenses incurred for reasons beyond our control such as emergency evacuation, natural calamity, etc
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as INCLUDED
- A SUPPLEMENT, AS CHARGED BY HOTELS, WILL BE APPLICABLE ON TOURS BETWEEN DEC 20 TO JAN 10
- ABOVE PRICES ARE VALID TILL APRIL 30, 2018
Kalimpong: Pali Ghar
PaliGhar, a farm stay, is situated at Echhey, which is about a 30 minute drive from Kalimpong town. It offers an authentic, rustic and comfortable experience of Nepali culture, heritage and cuisine.Hotel Website...
Rinchenpong: Yangsum Farm
A beautiful rustic heritage farmhouse which was built in 1833 and remodeled in 1966. The family runs the homestay and manages the 44-acre mountain farm which consists of pine, Himalayan alder, schima, chestnut, magnolia, rhododendrons, cherry and others.Hotel Website...
Pelling: Summit Neva Regency
Rediscover the charm of the traditional Sikkimese hospitality at Summit Newa Regency. Its unique blend of opulence and seclusion has been a symbol of Himalayan magnificence.Hotel Website...
Gangtok: Summit Namnang Courtyard and Spa
Summit Namnang offers a stunning view of the Gangtok city and a luxuriate feeling of a holiday amidst the majestic mountains, providing an unforgettable experience to engage your senses.Hotel Website...
Darjeeling: Summit Grace and Spa
The resort is situated just steps away from the hustle bustle of the Darjeeling town. The hotel with its distinctive design creates an ambience that is unique to travelers.Hotel Website...
- The best time to walk-trek in this region is between January to mid-April and mid-September to December. Jan/Feb/Mar/Dec are cold but the mountain views are at their best. April is cool weather, mountain views are a bit hazy but rhododendrons are in full bloom. Sept/Oct/Nov would be cool weather and the mountain views are good. Average temperatures range from maximum of 25°C and minimum of 2°C. There is possibility of snow in end-December and early-January, and as for rains, though the rainy season is May-June-July-August, there is always possibility of unseasonal thunderstorms and showers any time of the year.
- Some days the walk will be in remote mountain villages with a traditional way of life, past breathtaking scenery and stunning Buddhist monasteries. On some days, we will walk in the towns and explore their rich cultural heritage. You will find plenty of time to stop for photos, meet locals, and visit places of interest along the way.
- High levels of fitness are not required to do this program. You can set your own pace making the walk 'easy' or 'moderate'. However, you need to be in general good health and used to walking
- The path will be rough on some days and hence we advise sturdy shoes/boots with excellent soles
- Essentials in your bag - Strong sunscreen, sunglasses, lip-balm, insect repellent, personal medication and a hat to ward off the high daytime UV. If you suffer from mountain driving sickness, please carry appropriate medication
For booking or other queries, please write to us at: email@example.com