This luxury cycling holiday of Rajasthan evokes grandeur and opulence of the bygone era of this enchanting land of Maharajas and their mammoth forts and palaces.
Visit the historic cities of Jodhpur and Udaipur and their dazzling vista of stately and grandiose architectural buildings, forts and palaces. Cycle through colourful and rustic Rajasthan from one luxurious heritage hotel to another, and at the same time, experience the real India.
Stay in forts and palaces that have now been converted into some of the most luxurious and sought after hotels in the world. Perfect after a day of cycling to indulge and unwind and get in touch with your inner Maharaja or Maharani. You are guaranteed to feel like royalty!
- Tour Cost on Twin-share: US$ 4485 PER PERSON,
OWN ROOM SURCHARGE: US$ 2515
- Tour Type: GUIDED WITH SUPPORT VEHICLE
- Bike Hire: INCLUDED
- Cycling: 6 DAYS (APPROX 300 KM)
- Tour Start / End: DELHI / UDAIPUR
- Departure Dates: Daily in JAN, FEB, MAR, OCT, NOV, DEC (Supplement applicable on tours between Dec 20 and Jan 10)
- Group Size: PRIVATE PARTIES OF MINIMUM 2 PEOPLE
- Given Below: THE ITINERARY, INCLUSIONS / EXCLUSIONS, HOTEL DETAILS, TRIP NOTES
DELHI - JODHPUR - MIHIRGARH - DEOGARH - DEVI GARH - UDAIPURRequest Detailed Package
Day 1: Arrive Delhi
Arrive in Delhi today. You will be received at the airport and transferred to the hotel. Delhi, with its Old and New parts, makes a very interesting city for its sustenance to medieval and modern cultures at the same time and space.
Day 2: DelhiThis morning you will be taken to visit the medieval Jama Mosque followed by a rickshaw ride and walking tour of Old Delhi. In the afternoon explore New Delhi – including Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar and drive past Lutyens' Delhi.
Day 3: Delhi - Jodhpur
Today you will be taken to the airport for your flight to Jodhpur. On arrival in Jodhpur, you will be received at the airport and taken to your hotel. Evening at leisure to explore your magnificent hotel.
Day 4: JodhpurIn the morning we will visit the imposing Mehrangarh Fort, one of the largest forts in India. Unsurpassed in beauty and grandeur, the fort has innumerable palaces interspersed with sprawling courtyards and intricate balconies. Afternoon we begin cycling to the nearby Bishnoi hamlets. Cycling 30-40 KM.
Day 5: Jodhpur - Mihirgarh
We will drive out of Jodhpur town and then cycle to the all suite exclusive boutique hotel, Mihirgarh. The majestic fort seems to emerge from the desert and complements the rugged beauty of the land surrounding it. Cycling 40 KM.
Day 6: Mihirgarh - DeogarhCycle to another small town of Deogarh in rural Rajasthan in the heart of the Aravalli Hills. The local market here is filled with artisans at work and the surrounding areas abound with migratory birds. The family personally supervises and monitors the hotel. Total distance 148 KM (cycling as desired).
Day 7: Deogarh
Cycle to explore the surroundings of Deogarh, which makes for some of the best cycling in Rajasthan. We cycle around the hilly terrain of Deogarh, stopping over for picnic lunch by a lake teeming with birds. Cycling 30-40 KM.
Day 8: Deogarh - Devi GarhCycle to the stunning Ranakpur Temples, one of the biggest and the most important temples for the small Jain community of India. After visiting the temples, we will drive to Devi Garh, a heritage hotel housed in an 18th-century palace in the village of Delwara. Total distance 97 KM (cycling as desired).
Day 9: Devi Garh
We will cycle to the nearby 14th Century temples. We will pass through the Delwara village that retains its culture and authentic style with most of its inhabitants pursuing traditional agriculture. We will also visit the temple complexes of Eklingji and Nagda that consist of ancient carved temples. Cycling 30-40 KM.
Day 10: Devi Garh - UdaipurToday we will drive to the historic city of Udaipur. In the afternoon we will go for a sighseeing tour of Udaipur visiting the City Palace, Sahelion-ki-bari and Jagdish Temple.
Day 11: Udaipur – Onward Destination
Our representative will take you to Udaipur airport today. You may fly to your international destination via Mumbai or Delhi. Depending on your requirements, a day use room can be made available to you at extra cost.
We will be pleased to make additional arrangements and suggest things to see and places to stay should you wish to extend your stay in India. This could be a non-cycling tour as well. Ask us for optional add-on tours by writing to us here: email@example.com
- Accommodation on twin-share basis in the mentioned hotels
- 10 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Arrival and departure transfers with our representative on private basis
- An accompanying support vehicle
- An accompanying cycling guide on cycling days
- Bicycle Rental and Spares
- Bottled water during cycling
- All currently applicable taxes
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls, drinks, etc
- Any other meals than those mentioned above
- Internal or International airfare
- Any insurance coverage
- Airport or VISA fee
- Camera charges at monuments
- Any extra expenses incurred for reasons beyond our control such as emergency evacuation, natural calamity, etc
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as INCLUDED
- A SUPPLEMENT, AS CHARGED BY HOTELS, WILL BE APPLICABLE ON TOURS BETWEEN DEC 20 TO JAN 10.
- THESE PRICES ARE VALID TILL APRIL 15, 2018
Delhi: The Imperial
The Imperial is a legend that offers a unique experience embracing facets of India's history, and stands witness to the birth of the capital city of New Delhi. Built in 1931, the Hotel is known for its contemporary colonial style.
Room: Heritage RoomHotel Website...
Jodhpur: Umaid Bhawan Palace
Perched high above the desert capital of Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Palace is the last of the great palaces of India and one of the largest private residences in the world - set amidst 26 acres of lush gardens
Room: Palace RoomHotel Website...
Mihirgarh: Fort Mihirgarh
Mihirgarh, set in rural Rajasthan atop a sand mound, is a themed boutique hotel of luxury suites with numerous courtyards, swimming pool and a spa. Each well-furnished suite boasts more than 1700 sq. feet of private space and offers great views of the countryside.
Room: Alishan/Shandaar SuitesHotel Website...
Deogarh: Dev Shree
Constructed in a traditional haveli style, this beautiful homestay is situated on the edge of the Ragho Sagar lake with the Gokul Fort at the far end, perched on a hill.
Room: SuiteHotel Website...
Devi Garh: Raas Devi Garh
Devi Garh is a heritage hotel housed in an 18th-century palace in the village of Delwara. It was the royal residence of the rulers of Delwara principality, from the middle of the 18th century until the mid-20th century.
Room: Garden SuiteHotel Website...
Udaipur: Lake Palace
The Lake Palace, often referred to as the most romantic hotel in the world, is located on the Jag Niwas Island in the middle of the Pichola Lake.
Room: Palace RoomHotel Website...
- CYCLING: Daily cycling ranges between 40 to 60 kilometres. On certain days, the distance between two destinations is longer than 100 KM and you may cycle more if you wish.
- TERRAIN: In Rajasthan most of the roads are asphalt, however, in small villages, the roads are either broken or have been cobbled, thus making it difficult to use road bikes. Mostly along rustic rural lanes (major part will be flat, towards the end will be uphill) where there is little or no traffic, you get to experience rural India at its best. There are few stretches of busier roads as well, however, we provide 100% support vehicle to give you a lift if you would rather not ride on these sections.
- WEATHER: January to mid-April and October to December is the best time to cycle in Rajasthan. Average temperatures range from max of 25°C and minimum of 7°C. The desert sun is not so intense and the days are cool and pleasant, perfect for cycling. The mornings and evenings are generally cool and mild, however, January and late December can be very cold. There is no humidity and little or no rain can be expected. May, June, July and August are extremely hot and not recommended for cycling. For detailed travel kit recommendations, please refer to our FAQ section.
For booking or other queries, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org