- Tour Cost on Twin-share CATEGORY-1 HOTELS: US$ 1025
OWN ROOM SURCHARGE: US$ 225
CATEGORY-2 HOTELS: US$ 1384 OWN ROOM SURCHARGE: US$ 610
- Tour TypeGUIDED WITH SUPPORT VEHICLE
- Bike Hire INCLUDED
- Cycling 5 DAYS (Approx 280 KM)
- Tour Start / End COCHIN
- Departure Dates Daily in JAN, FEB, MAR, APR, SEP, OCT, NOV, DEC (Supplement applicable on tours between Dec 20 and Jan 10)
- Group Size 2 TO 8 PEOPLE
- Given Below THE ITINERARY , INCLUSIONS / EXCLUSIONS , HOTEL DETAILS , TRIP NOTES
This bicycle trip of Kerala is designed for those travellers who are short on time but would like to cover all the major highlights of this beautiful state. Explore the lush green tea plantations in Munnar, see the exotic wildlife at Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, walk through a spice plantation in Thekkady with an expert and spend couple of nights in Kumarakom and Alleppey (the stunning Backwaters region). This tour can be customize as per your specific requirements as well.
PICK UP FROM COCHIN - MUNNAR (1 NIGHT), THEKKADY (2 NIGHT), KUMARAKOM (1 NIGHT), ALLEPPEY (1 NIGHT) - DROP BACK TO COCHINRequest Detailed Package
Day 1: Cochin - Munnar
This morning we will pick you from your hotel in Cochin and we cycle to Munnar. At 1600m above sea level, with its sprawling lush green hills and tea plantations, Munnar is a very popular. In the afternoon we will visit a tea plantation and a tea museum to taste tea. Total distance 128 KM (cycling as desired).
Day 2: Munnar - Thekkady
Cycle to Thekkady. Post lunch, we will walk through a spice plantation with a Naturalist to see the cultivation and harvesting of various spices. Total distance 86 KM (cycling as desired).
Day 3: Thekkady
Today we cycle to Periyar Tiger Reserve. Sprawled over an area of 925 Sq. km., it is one of the 27 tiger reserves in India. See herds of elephants and sambars and also tiger, gaurs, lion tailed macaques and Nilgiri langurs. Cycling: 30-40 km.
Day 4: Thekkady - Kumarakom
This morning we will cycle to Kumarakom, a serene Backwaters destination, a charming peninsula jutting into the ever-effervescent Vembanad Lake. Total distance 127 KM (cycling as desired).
Day 5: Kumarakom - Alleppey
Cycle to Alleppey, another destination in the Backwaters region. These backwaters provide almost 900 km of tranquility and are major attraction for the tourists visiting the state of Kerala. Cycling: 35-40 KM.
Day 6: Alleppey - Cochin
This morning you will be driven to Cochin (1.5 hour) or to a beach resort in Marari. We will be pleased to make additional arrangements and suggest things to see and places to stay should you wish to extend your stay in India. This could be a non-cycling tour as well. Please write to us here: email@example.com
- Accommodation on twin-share basis in the mentioned hotels or similar
- 5 Breakfast
- Entrance fees to cultural sights / wildife parks in the itinerary
- Spice Plantation walk in Thekkady
- Jungle walk in Periyar
- All cycling arrangements: An accompanying support vehicle, An accompanying Cycling Guide, Cycles, Spares for cycles, Bottled Water + soft drinks + snacks during Cycling
- All currently applicable taxes
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls, drinks, etc
- Any other meals than those mentioned above
- International airfare
- Any insurance coverage
- Airport or VISA fee
- Camera charges at monuments
- Any extra expenses incurred for reasons beyond our control such as emergency evacuation, natural calamity, etc
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as INCLUDED
- A SUPPLEMENT, AS CHARGED BY HOTELS, WILL BE APPLICABLE ON TOURS BETWEEN DEC 20 TO JAN 10
- ABOVE PRICES ARE VALID TILL APRIL 30, 2017
Category-1 hotels are some of the finest reasonable priced hotels (heritage palaces, home-stays, modern city hotels, tented camps, resorts, etc) that have been chosen by us for their levels of quality and value for money. To be considered for inclusion in our tours, a hotel must adhere to strict quality standards and hospitality. Category-2 hotels are premier hotels that are some of the best, if not the best, at all the destinations.
If any of these are unavailable on your dates of travel, we will substitute them with similar quality accommodation.
Munnar: Copper Castle
Situated close to town, it still offers serenity of nature away from humdrum of city. Offers lovely views of surrounding area.
Munnar - Windermere Estate
Windermere Estate is where the manicured tea gardens merge with the lush green forests of Western Ghats.
Room: Garden Room
Thekkady - Wildernest
Wildernest Hotel is located in the rustic wilderness crocheted with Cardamom hills on the side in the Western Ghats.
Room: Standard Room
Thekkady - Shalimar S Garden
Shalimar Spice Garden merges with the spice gardens that encompass it and is the verdant landscape bordering Periyar.
Room: Elegant Room
Kumarakom - Whispering Palms
Located right on the bank of the Vembanadu Lake in natural back water surroundings.
Room: Garden Facing Cottage
Kumarakom - Coconut Lagoon
There are facets to the Coconut Lagoon experience - heritage of old villages of Malabar, Vembanad lake, Keralan food...
Room: Heritage Bungalow
Alleppey - Nelpura Homestay
A heritage homestay, its building showcases the fine features of traditional Kerala architecture.
Alleppey - Purity
Overlooking lake Vembanad at its widest point, Purity's all rooms have terraces and verandahs overlooking the lake.
- CYCLING: Daily cycling ranges between 40 to 80 kilometres. Instead of giving a certain number of kilometres each day, we mention total distances between the destinations and leave the choice of cycling distances to our guests as capabilities and interests vary. Remaining distance can be covered in the support vehicle.
- TERRAIN: In Kerala 100% of the roads are asphalt, however, the surface condition vary each year. The surface may not be 100% smooth in villages and interior country roads. The terrain here is geographically diverse - with the Arabian Sea to the West and the mountains of the Western Ghats to the East - offering a great variety of cycling. From the mountains of Western Ghats, lush green aromatic spice plantations, the serene Backwaters and finally the lovely beaches - all offer a different cycling experience. You will come across numerous small settlements with little bazaars and white-washed houses.
- WEATHER: January to mid-April and mid-September to December is the best time to cycle in Kerala. The average day temperature range between 20-30 degree Celsius. The days are generally sunny and pleasant but can sometimes be hot. Please bring a sun hat, sun cream and sunglasses. A light windproof/fleece may be necessary in the evenings when visiting hill stations or wildlife reserves.
For booking or other queries, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org